G'ARNISH, verb transitive
1. To adorn; to decorate with appendages; to set off.
All within with flowers was garnished.
2. To fit with fetters; a cant term.
3. To furnish; to supply; as a fort garnished with troops.
4. In law, to warn; to give notice. [See Garnishee.]
G'ARNISH, noun Ornament; something added for embellishment; decoration.
Matter and figure they produce;
For garnish this, and that for use.
1. In jails, fetters; a cant term.
2. Pensiuncula carceraria; a fee; an acknowledgment in money when first a prisoner goes to jail.