GRA'CIOUS, adjective [Latin gratiosus.]
1. Favorable; kind; friendly; as, the envoy met with a gracious reception.
2. Favorable; kind; benevolent; merciful; disposed to forgive offenses and impart unmerited blessings.
Thou are a God ready to pardon, gracious and
merciful. Nehemiah 9:17.
3. Favorable; expressing kindness and favor.
All bore him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded from his mouth. Luke 4:22.
4. Proceeding from divine grace; as a person in a gracious state.
5. Acceptable; favored.
He made us gracious before the kings of Persia. [Little used.] 1 Esdras.
6. Renewed or implanted by grace; as gracious affections.
7. Virtuous; good.
8. Excellent; graceful; becoming.