1. (splended) The boundary of Zebulun ascended from Daberath to Japhia, and thence passed to Gath-hepher. (Joshua 19:12) Yafa , two miles south of Nazareth. ,is not unlikely to be identical with Japhin.
- King of Lachish at the time of the conquest of Canaan by the Isr'lites. (Joshua 10:3) (B.C. 1450.)
- One of the sons of David born to him in Jerusalem. (2 Samuel 5:15; 1 Chronicles 3:7; 14:6) (B.C. 1046.)
3. In "Baal-hazor which is by Ephraim" was Absalom's sheepfarm, at which took place the murder of Amnon, one of the earliest precursors of the great revolt. (2 Samuel 13:23) There is no clue to its situation.
4. a city "in the district near the wilderness" to which our Lord retired with his disciples when threatened with violence by the priests. (John 11:54)