1. (praise Jehovah).
- Head of the second course of priests, as they were divided in the time of David. (1 Chronicles 24:7) (B.C. 1014.) some of them survived to return to Jerusalem after the Babylonish captivity, as appears from (Ezra 2:36; Nehemiah 7:39)
- A priest in the time of Jeshua the high priest. (Zechariah 6:10,14) (B.C. 536.)
- A Simeonite, forefather of Ziza. (1 Chronicles 4:37)
- Son of Harumaph; a man who did his part in the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 3:10) (B.C. 446.)
3. In "Baal-hazor which is by Ephraim" was Absalom's sheepfarm, at which took place the murder of Amnon, one of the earliest precursors of the great revolt. (2 Samuel 13:23) There is no clue to its situation.
4. a city "in the district near the wilderness" to which our Lord retired with his disciples when threatened with violence by the priests. (John 11:54)