GOLDEN, adjective goldn. Made of gold; consisting of gold.
1. Bright; shining; splendid; as the golden sun.
Reclining soft on many a golden cloud.
2. Yellow; of a gold color; as a golden harvest; golden fruit.
3. Excellent; most valuable; as the golden rule.
4. Happy; pure; as the golden age, the age of simplicity and purity of manners.
5. Preeminently favorable or auspicious.
Let not slip the golden opportunity.
GOLDEN number, in chronology, a number showing the year of the moon's cycle.
GOLDEN rule, in arithmetic, the rule of three or rule of proportion.